- News and Media
- TTA News & Information
- Resources Available for National Pretrial, Probation, and Parole Supervision Week, July 16 – 22
Resources Available for National Pretrial, Probation, and Parole Supervision Week, July 16 – 22
Join the American Probation and Parole Association (APPA) in observing National Pretrial, Probation, and Parole Supervision (PPP) Week from July 16 – 22. This year’s theme is Clients, Communities, Employees: Empowerment through Partnerships, which promotes a “triangle of success” in community corrections/supervision that emphasizes collaboration between all involved groups, including communities, clients, and employees.
As part of PPP Week, APPA offers a number of resources on pretrial, probation, parole, and victims issues, including:
- Pretrial reports and research, such as a state pretrial release legislation database and a starter kit on implementing a pretrial services program;
- Juvenile justice statistics from the Department of Justice Anti-Gang Initiative, the Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention, the National Center for Juvenile Justice, and the National Council of Juvenile and Family Court Judges;
- Prisoner and prison statistics from the Bureau of Justice Statistics and the National Institute of Corrections; and
- APPA online training on victims issues.
APPA also recommends using this week to recognize outstanding staff working in community corrections and spread the word on the importance of community corrections to public safety across the United States.
In preparation for PPP Week, the Office for Victims of Crime (OVC) Training and Technical Assistance Center (TTAC) also prepared several resources for law enforcement and the criminal justice community, such as the Human Trafficking Task Force e-Guide, the SANE Program Development and Operation Guide, and the new Tribal Victim Assistance web site.
To access APPA’s PPP Week information and resources, click here.
To access OVC TTAC’s resources, click here.