- News and Media
- TTA News & Information
- Learn About Federal and Local Responses for Combating the Opioid Epidemic
Learn About Federal and Local Responses for Combating the Opioid Epidemic
Join the National Drug Court Resource Center (NDCRC) for the webinar “Responding to the Opioid Crisis: National and Local Responses” on Wednesday, January 17 from 2:00 to 3:00 p.m. ET. During the webinar, participants will learn about the federal and local approaches and solutions to address the opioid epidemic. This presentation will include an overview from policy experts of current Bureau of Justice Assistance (BJA) initiatives, as well as a discussion from representatives of local jurisdictions on creating programs and leveraging resources.
New Jersey treatment coordinators will discuss opioid overdose symptoms, responses, and prevention measures being taken in their state, and leaders of the recently implemented Buffalo Opioid Intervention Court will present on this new program and its effects on their community.
Presenters for this webinar include:
- Greg Torain, Policy Advisor, BJA;
- Tim Jeffries, Senior Policy Advisor, BJA;
- Emil Affsa, Statewide Treatment Assessment Services for the Courts (TASC) Coordinator, New Jersey;
- Jayne Cavanaugh, Statewide TASC Coordinator, New Jersey;
- The Honorable Craig Hannah, City Court Judge, Buffalo City Court, New York;
- Jeff Smith, Project Director, 8th Judicial District, New York; and
- Steve Collins, Senior Program Associate, American University’s Justice Programs Office (moderator).
Read more and register for the webinar today.
View this webinar on the TTA Catalog.